Last week I had a horrible realisation that I have been cooking the same eight meals over and over for about two months. So at the weekend I dug out all of my recipe books for a bit of inspiration. My all time faves are Joe Wicks’ Lean in 15 range and Clean Eating Alice.
I’m pretty rubbish at following instructions of any kind, especially recipe books as I’m wayyy too impatient, so instead I take some pics of the dishes I like the look of and freestyle the recipe up as I go along. The first one I gave a crack at was a coconutty prawn masala, packed with veggies and some easy-peasy rice. It took about 15-20 mins max all in and was perfect after a horrible training run (4 days until my half marathon, eurgh!).
The above was what started out as the ingredients I was planning on using but as I said, I make it up as I go along so added bits and bobs in – full ingredient list below!
Coconutty prawn and veggie masala
– 1/2 a courgette
– 3 small sweet peppers cut into strips
– 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
– 1/2 tsp paprika
– 1/2 tsp turmeric
– 1/2 a lime
– 1/2 tsp coconut oil
– 1 tsp lazy ginger
– handful of spinach
– pinch of coriander (i used the refrigerated semi-dried pack)
– drizzle of garlic infused oil or garlic one cal spray
– 300g tinned tomatoes
– 1 cup lactose free coconut yoghurt
– 150g king prawns (although i actually used almost double as i was starving fro my run!)
– cooked rice (i used uncle ben’s coconut rice)
- heat coconut oil and a garlic oil in a wok. once hot add peppers and courgettes. mix spices and lazy ginger and stir into the veggies, cooking for approx five mins until they soften.
- add tinned tomatoes and cook for further 5 mins before adding prawns and spinach until cooked.
- heat rice as per packet instructions
- add cocnut yoghurt and stir for a further 1-2 mins. serve up with a squeeze of lime juice and another sprinkle of coriander.