Nothing beats a fish and chips on a Friday night so last year I teamed up with Stella Artois to create this super recipe using their gluten free beer to create the perfect crispy batter!
– Mix 120g of gluten free flour with 1 tsp baking powder, sprinkle of salt and ½ bottle @stellaartois Gluten Free to make your batter
– Coat skinless cod loins in gluten free flour, then dip in the batter with a nice even coating
– Drop your fish piece it into a big pan filled with super-hot sunflower oil
– Cook for around 4 mins until golden brown but keep an eye on it as it does cook quickly and you don’t want it to burn (like my first attempt!)
– For the low FODMAP “mushy peas” add 200g softly boiled green beans, salt and pepper, handful of fresh mint and 1 tbsp butter into the blender and voilà – serve with homemade chips!
– For the chips, cut into thick chip-like chunks and boil for five minutes. Drain off in a collinder giving them a gentle shake so they fluff up slightly. Cover with a little oil and salt, and cook for 45 minutes on 180, turning half way